Updated: January 1, 2022
What Information does nJoy Collect
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The information we require to create your nJoy account is your first and last name, an email address and a password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your phone number or a photo. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other nJoy members.
- Business information. When you create a business on nJoy, we collect your email address (as the Business Owner), your business name, your user name that appears in your nJoy business, and password. Optionally, you can provide phone, address and other contact information for your business.
- Billing information. If you purchase a Paid Business Account on nJoy, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
- Log data. When you use nJoy, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to nJoy, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you use for nJoy, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information may depend on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- nJoy usage information. This is information about which businesses, stations, posts, members, features, content, and links you interact with on nJoy.
Communication content that you send and receive within nJoy. This includes:
- The message content itself. This content may include messages, pictures, posts, files and video among other types of files.
- Messages, posts or files sent dates and times as well as information regarding which member, when or if the stations or businesses that you are a member of displayed them, and where you may have received them (in an Open or Private Station or Direct Message Station, for example).
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. nJoy may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own services more useful.
nJoy uses 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of Google Analytics on its respective website.
Additionally, nJoy uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features nJoy currently uses are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow nJoy and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google's interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of nJoy users and to improve the Services.
You may opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How we use information
We use information for the following:
- Providing the nJoy service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver messages, posts, stations and content to you and from you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To improve the nJoy service.
- Investigating and preventing prohibited behavior. We constantly strive to ensure nJoy is secure and to prevent abuse.
- Communicating with our Users
- If you contact us with a question, we will use your information to respond.
- We may use the information you provide to contact you through nJoy.
- We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a number of posts limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy. These messages are considered part of the service and users may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to nJoy users about new product features or other news about nJoy. You can opt-out of these at any time.
Nothing in this policy limits what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to an nJoy user.
What are Your Choices
When you use nJoy, you have control over a number of areas regarding your privacy and how your content is visible to others.
Choices for Member Accounts
If you are a member, you may
- delete a message you have sent through the nJoy service.
- delete content you have uploaded to the nJoy service.
- delete a Station you have created on the nJoy service.
- If you are a member, you may cancel membership in a Station you have joined. Cancellation of a Station membership disables your access to the Station but does not delete your messages, posts or content which have been sent through or uploaded to the Station, which are considered part of the Stations’ data. If you wish to delete messages or posts you have created, or content you have uploaded, please do so prior to cancelling your Station membership.
- If you are a member, you may cancel your account. Cancellation of an account disables your access to the nJoy service but does not delete your messages, posts or content, which are considered part of your Stations’ data. If you wish to delete messages, please do so prior to cancelling your account.
Choices for Business Accounts
- For any messages or posts you send, or content you upload, while in one of your paid business account areas of the nJoy service, whether you can delete your message, posts, or uploaded content depends on your business’s settings.
- Business Administrators have the ability to manage and change most of the business settings, including message, posts and content retention settings, and can modify whether or when business members can delete messages, posts and uploaded content. Administrators can also deactivate member accounts for their business.
- Only a primary business owner can cancel a business.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices regarding how and whether location or other data is shared with us. nJoy does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your mobile device.
Business Account Customer Contacts
- nJoy cares about your contacts privacy. Only you can use the contact information, email addresses and phone numbers that you load into your nJoy account.
- nJoy does not use this contact information, email addresses or phone numbers other than to provide our service to our customers for their own accounts.
- nJoy does not provide or sell this contact information, email addresses or phone numbers to any third party service.
- At any time you can request nJoy remove your contacts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when messages, posts, stations and related content and other user information may be shared by nJoy. This section goes over only how nJoy may share user information. Businesses that use nJoy may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through nJoy. nJoy may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect nJoy and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or nJoy; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, privacy or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
nJoy takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the nJoy service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
nJoy is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at email@example.com.
We may change this policy from time to time; if we do so we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use nJoy after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
9663 Santa Monica Blvd., #331
Beverly Hills, California 90210